Policy on the Safeguarding on Children, Young People in the Church
This statement was agreed by St George’s Oakenrod at the Parochial Church Council meeting held virtually on 22nd March 2021
• As members of this church, we commit ourselves to the nurturing, protection and safekeeping of all, especially children and young people.
• It is the responsibility of each one of us to prevent the physical, sexual and emotional abuse of children and young people and to report any abuse discovered or suspected.
• We recognise that our work with children and young people is the responsibility of the whole Church.
• Our church is committed to supporting, resourcing and training those who work with Children and young people and to providing supervision.
• Our church is committed to following the policy and procedures published by the Diocese.
• The parish will adopt good practice guidelines.
• Each worker with children and young people must undertake diocesan Safeguarding training, know the guidelines and undertake to follow them. Each shall be given a copy
of the Parish’s agreed procedures and good practice guidelines.
• As part of our commitment to children and young people, the PCC has appointed Charlotte Anderson to be the Parish Safeguarding Co-ordinator
• Children and young people are an important part of our Church today.
• They have much to give as well as to receive.
• We will listen to them
• As we nurture them in worship, learning, and in community life, we will respect the wishes and feelings of children and young people.
Signed by K Smeeton (Vicar) at the APCM on: Date: 9th May 2021