Policy on the Safeguarding on Children, Young People in the Church
This statement was adopted by St George’s Oakenrod at a Parochial Church Council meeting held on 2nd September 2020
• As members of this church, we commit ourselves to the nurturing, protection and safekeeping of all, especially children and young people.
• It is the responsibility of each one of us to prevent the physical, sexual and emotional abuse of children and young people and to report any abuse discovered or suspected.
• We recognise that our work with children and young people is the responsibility of the whole Church.
• Our church is committed to supporting, resourcing and training those who work with Children and young people and to providing supervision.
• Our church is committed to following the policy and procedures published by the Diocese.
• The parish will adopt good practice guidelines.
• Each worker with children and young people must undertake diocesan Safeguarding training, know the guidelines and undertake to follow them. Each shall be given a copy of the Parish’s agreed procedures and good practice guidelines.
• As part of our commitment to children and young people, the PCC has appointed Anne Rawlinson as Parish Safeguarding Co-ordinator
• Children and young people are an important part of our Church today.
• They have much to give as well as to receive.
• We will listen to them.
• As we nurture them in worship, learning, and in community life, we will respect the wishes and feelings of children and young people.
Signed: K Smeeton (Vicar) Date: 11th October 2020